Kelty child carriers are designed to keep your child safe and protected. Just because you have started, your new family does not mean that you should stop enjoying outdoor activities. Child carries are the best way to enjoy outdoor activities with the newest member of the family. They are very comfortable to wear and are just as comfortable for the child.
Kelty Child carriers are quite common in the states like Colorado where there a number of new parents. Even though the market is flooded with child climbing gear and child carries, Kelty child carriers are topping the list.
Why should you have a child carrier?
There is no reason to stop enjoying nature after your newborn. New parents across America and Europe use backpack carriers on a daily basis to enjoy the wildness and the national parks with their children.
A child carrier backpack allows you to:
- Keep yourself involved in outdoor activities.
- Gives you the opportunity to spend more time with your child.
- Keeps your child safe and protected.
- Allows you to make memories with your child.
Kelty Kids Backpack Reviews:
Kelty kid’s backpacks and child carriers are regarded as the best in the market due to the following reasons:
- Made from the aluminum frame so, it is very lightweight.
- Can hold more weight than other brands (50+ lbs).
- Comes with adjustable shoulder straps and hip belts.
- Child harness is adjustable which allows for a comfortable ride for your child.
- Some backpacks have a rear view mirror to keep an eye on your toddler.
- Rain protection for the child along with shade and mosquito protection.
- Lifetime warranty.
back to menu ↑
Top 5 Kelty Backpacks
Kelty makes the best child carriers and has several models to choose from in the market. Deciding which model to buy can be hard. So, here is a quick comparison.
Don’t have time to read? Go through our quick comparison
|Kelty Backcountry Child carrier||Kelty Ridgeline Child carrier||Kelty Journey 2.0 Child Carrier||Kelty Pathfinder 3||Kelty FC3 Child Carrier|
|Child cockpit||5-point adjustable child harness||5-point adjustable child harness||5-point adjustable child harness||5-point adjustable child harness||5-point adjustable child harness|
|Kickstand||Auto deploy||Auto deploy||Auto deploy||Auto deploy||Auto deploy|
|Average weight||7lbs 13 oz.||7lbs 10 oz.||7lbs 2 oz.||7lbs 10 oz.||7lbs 6 oz.|
|Max weight||60 lbs||60 lbs||50 lbs||50 lbs||50 lbs|
|Number of pockets||3+ pockets||3+ pockets||3+ pockets||3+ pockets||2+ pockets|
|Life time Warranty||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Kelty Backcountry Child Carrier
One of the latest Kelty carrier in the market with new and improved design to maximize comfort. Contains waterproof hood for the child to protect against rain, sun, and insects. It is one of the most durable to the kelty baby carrier. I’m also using this country baby backpack and it never disappointed me.
- 5-Point safety harness system with a central tensioning system similar to that used in car seats.
- Spring loaded retractable kids stand for easy deployment.
- Removable kids backpack and adjustable padded cockpit
- Includes hood to protect against sun and rain
- Adjustable seat-height and up to 6 inches of torso adjustment.
- Adjustable waist belt, sternum strap, and load lifter straps.
- Contains reflexive trim for the 360-degree view.
Kelty Ridgeline Child Carrier
Much similar to Kelty Backcountry kid carrier, Ridgeline backpack carrier comes without the hood but has all other features. This carrier weighs 7lbs 11 oz with a volume of 250 cu in and torso size of 13-21. It is meant to be used by adults only. It is designed for a comfortable transport of one child weighing 45lbs.
- Similar 5 point harness system to Kelty Backcountry carrier.
- Retractable child stand, which is spring, loaded for easy deployment.
- Total carrying a load of 60 lbs.
- Sternum strap, load-lifter straps and waist belt with Scherer cinch.
- The adjustable cockpit for comfort.
- Reflexive trim for a better view.
Kelty Journey 2.0 Child Carrier
Kelty journey 2.0 baby carrier comes with a padded design for the comfort of your child during their journey outdoors. The position of the child is lowered as compared to other backpacks for easy hiking sessions with your child.
Journey 2.0 is a fully loaded backpack carrier with an auto kickstand, toy loops, and hydration sleeve.
- Multiple storage compartments for storing snacks, toys, diapers, and other essentials.
- Easy access suspension system for the perfect fit for both mom and dad.
- Includes a sun hood for the child.
- Hydration capabilities, front storage pocket, removable, and washable chin pads.
Kelty Pathfinder 3.0
Comfort is the number 1 priority when it comes to kelty Pathfinder 3.0. It is designed to be the most comfortable backpack for both adults and children. It also contains a water bottle pocket, removable daypack and a pad for changing the diaper during your journey.
- New and improved suspension system to fit perfectly for both mom and dad.
- 5-point harness for security.
- Under seat storage, diaper changing pad and hydration compartment.
- Adjustable child height seat with Auto-deploy kickstand.
Kelty FC3 Child Carrier
Kelty FC3 child carrier is a top of the line carrier with a unique 5-point adjustable security harness for children. This is easy to use and comfortable to wear for the parents due to it adjustable torso length. It also comes with Kelty’s sun/rain hood, cell phone pocket, child view mirror and on the go changing pad.
- 5-point adjustable harness for security and safety of children.
- Sliding back panel torso length adjustment.
- Child view mirror.
- Removable and washable cockpit to take care of the baby’s mess.
- Capable of 50lbs of a load.
Finally, I want to add something as you are looking for backpack child carriers. If you have a newborn baby, then I’m not recommending to go for a baby backpack. Wait for a few months to go for mountain sports. And also think about both backpack accessories and tent accessories before you go. Else you will struggle to keep your baby inside the tent. For example, consider other travel gear, kids sleeping bags or sleeping pads, kids clothing, hydration packs, trekking poles, camp furniture, air purifiers (depending on the places such as caves), tents (internal frame and external frame), bike helmets (for bike ride), meals, heart rate monitors (if you are going for hill climbing), swag (you can try kelty swag) and even water bottles because you have a small child.