Most of the parents say that a baby carrier has become a very helpful thing for them especially in the first year of their baby’s life. There are a number of baby carrier styles are available in the market. You need to choose the right one for you because there are some baby carriers which can cause stress in your baby‘s spine or some can make inconvenience for you. If you are looking for tips to select the right baby carrier then have a look.
Most of the baby carriers fall into any one category of these three baby carrier types only:
Front pack baby carriers have a seat in their front. These baby carriers have straps which secure your baby carrier. These types of baby carriers are light in weight as well as portable. Front packs baby carriers allow you to keep your baby either inwards or outwards as per your choice. It will be great fun for your baby.
Backpacks are also known as camping packs. It has a seat on back for your baby. It has straps that keep your baby safe. Backpacks are an ideal option if your kid is older who want to enjoy hand free. This allows your kid to look around and to enjoy the surroundings.
Ring Slings or Pouch Slings
Usually, sling style of baby carriers is made up with fabric. Sling style of baby carrier is perfect for newborn baby. It is a perfect baby carrier for you when you want to move around the house. It is a great baby carrier and will make your child happy and feel free.
Slings are really very small and lightweight. These baby carriers are really very easy to transport. However, remember that you should position your baby correctly else your baby can slide out from it.
These are the three main types of baby carriers. You have to choose the right one for your choice. Here is a list of things which you should consider while buying the right baby carrier for you.
Some points which you should consider while buying the right baby carrier
- Safety: Safety is the most important thing which you need to consider before selecting the right baby carrier. Check whether the selected baby carrier is safe and secure for your baby and then make a purchase.
- Comfort: Comfort is another most important point which you have to consider while selecting a right baby carrier. Look whether the carrier makes you feel good.
- Fit for your size: Check whether the baby carrier perfectly fits with your size or not.
- Flexibility: Check whether it is flexible or not. Check-in how many positions you can pick up your baby.
- Features: Look for the features it offers. Does it meet with your needs and requirements? Or does the offered features are convenient for you?
- Usability: Check whether it is usable for you or not. Look whether you can get your baby in and out easily and more frequently. What about putting in or out? Look where you need to hang the straps. Look at your comfort and convenience. Remember that there are some models which need the practice to use them.
- Adaptability: Whether the selected baby carrier is adaptable or not. Check whether it can work for your baby a few months later or not.
- Budget: Budget is other most important consideration which you have to take into account while selecting the right baby carrier for you. If you are limited in the budget then you can also choose to buy second-hand baby carriers.
These are the number of consideration which you have to take into account while selecting the right baby carrier for you.
Lisa K. Cheney: She is a professional maternity, newborn and family portrait photographer in San Francisco CA and also a mother to 3 beautiful kids. She is great when it comes to juggling between various roles in a single day and she does it with perfection! She understands the importance of maintaining the balance between professional and personal life and which is why she does not comprise on anything which includes her too!